One of the most dangerous types of wrecks to occur on Southern California roads is wrecks at intersections. Because motorists accelerate through yellow lights and there is increased speed involved, intersection accidents often involve injuries or death.
Besides acceleration at yellow lights, other factors that cause Orange County car crashes at intersections include:
- Running a red light
- Not stopping at red lights prior to turning right
- Turning right when a traffic sign prevents a right hand turn on a red light
- Turning left in front of another driver approaching the intersection
- Not obeying traffic signals or yield signs
- Not stopping at a stop sign
- Failing to yield the right of way to another driver
- Not understanding traffic circle regulations
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Texting while driving and participating in other distracted driving behaviors
Even the smartest drivers that drive safe, obey the road rules, and follow traffic signals can be victims of intersection accidents in Orange County. Negligent drivers travel through intersections daily, and we are sharing the roads with them. When someone runs a red light or fails to yield the right of way, dangerous wrecks and injuries are the result result.
Signal light violations and running red lights are the main cause of intersection crashes. If a careless driver ran a red light and injured you or a loved one in an Orange County car crash, you probably have a lot of questions about your rights. Talk with a knowledgeable Mission Viejo personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of John P. Burns who may be able to help you recover damages. Give us a call today at (877)320-1338 to schedule your free legal consultation.