Don’t Forget the Basics After Being In A Car Accident
After you’ve been in an auto accident, you’ll want to maximize the value of your claim so you receive all the benefits you deserve. Though there are many factors that determine the value of your case, an experienced car accident attorney will tell you that failing to take some basic steps after the accident can hurt your case later.
Here are a few basic steps you should take:
- At the scene of the accident, be sure to get a police report.
- Seek medical attention with 72 hours, even if you are not in immediate pain. Getting a timely medical examination is important for your health and the value of your case.
- Be sure to take a full set of pictures before your car goes to the repair shop. These images will be vital if your case goes to settlement or trial.
- Ask your repair shop to take photos of damage to the interior of your car after they have opened the car up and looked at the internal damage. An example is internal damage to the actual metal bumper inside the bumper cover you see when you look at the car.
- Get a free consultation with an auto accident lawyer.
You can obtain a free download of a book by car accident attorney John P. Burns named 9 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your California Car Accident Case to learn more about this and related car accident issues.
At the Law Offices of John P. Burns, we effectively handle your car accident claim so you can focus on recovering emotionally and physically without dealing with the details. It’s free to ask questions, so contact us directly at 949-496-7000, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sure to get back to you within 24 hours.